Monday, February 9, 2009

My new device (a used + worn-out HTC S710/VDA V)

Well - I gave up on the weight issue and returned to an HTC device. I could get hold of a cheap used and worn out Vodafone VDA V (branded HTC S710 aka "Vox"). This now works as expected - despite I have to say that the noise level is still higher than on my old devices. Since the maximum volume is however high enough to compensate for a little attenuation in the music-adapter to get the noise to a low-enough level for the physical environment, it does not matter much.

If anyone gets hold of information how the BenQ E72 headset volume can be increased beyond the poor original state - let me know, please - I am really willing to give it another chance then. You can contact me via this blog or in the linked forums on the left side - my user name is tobbbie there.
.

3 comments:

  1. lol (we are still on the same boat :D :D)
    i gave up the benq e72 too. it is a great device, but still needs improvments (we really needs a new rom)

    i get an used htc s730 (WINGS), it is a god smartphone, but it is big, fat and heavy, and it is uglier than the benq... but it is working fine... hope to use soon my loved benq e72
    ^^

    ZNIAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I had one this phone but was stolen, anyway i want to buy a new one.
    To solve most of the problems of the low volume you can download Core player free version which help to preampl. the sound. Is pretty good despite when the sound is too high it could have some distortion, but you can hear your music on a bus surrounded of noise.
    by the way you can find a paid version with more possibilities
    Jairob

    ReplyDelete
  3. just use BT headset. Good way to have independent from phone sound quaity/volume :)

    ReplyDelete